Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Neko TSE & FL Studio 8
aodagreat
post Sep 6 2008, 09:49 AM
Post #1

Group: Forum Member
Member No.: 1,681

So I'm interested in the Neko TSE and currently using FL Studio 8 as my main sequencer, has anyone tried this using on the miko or neko. I would think FL Studio 8 would be able to take advantage of the quad processor of the neko/miko and that would be great if it ran with no issues. Anybody got any feedback please post.

Peace

A.O.

--------------------
A.O. Da Great
Evolution Music Group Inc.
President

I Am Music!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xray
post Sep 6 2008, 10:38 AM
Post #2

Group: Customer
Member No.: 1,556

Hi, I'm using FL studio to make my music and I combine it with Reaper for additional plugins and recording vocals. It works fine!!

--------------------
MIKO TSE
Roland VS 2480
FL 8
myspace.com/xraybeat

+Quote Post
Lexicon Producti...
post Oct 15 2008, 01:12 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,570

Yeah, I'm using Fruity Loops as well, and it works great cool.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_sanderson_*
post Oct 21 2008, 09:20 AM
Post #4

Guests

A.O.

Yes, a great deal of our users use FL8 on the Miko and Neko. You can use any windows based DAW software on our systems and many run as good if not better than on standalone systems.

Thanks
Sean

QUOTE (aodagreat @ Sep 6 2008, 09:49 AM) *
So I'm interested in the Neko TSE and currently using FL Studio 8 as my main sequencer, has anyone tried this using on the miko or neko. I would think FL Studio 8 would be able to take advantage of the quad processor of the neko/miko and that would be great if it ran with no issues. Anybody got any feedback please post.

Peace

A.O.

+Quote Post
truscience
post May 7 2009, 08:32 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,219

Hello all, I'm using FL Studio 8 with my Miko. Is there anyway to access the sounds in the open labs shell while using FL Studio? I just can't figure out the best way to use the sounds that the miko came with in FL Studio. I've been just opening the soft synths in a channel in FL Studio. This is alright, but the sounds aren't organized like they are in the open labs shell. When I open Proteus in a channel it doesn't have the sounds and patches that it does when you pick sounds in the open labs shell. Can anyone help me with this? Any input on how you use the open lab sounds with FL Studio would be great.

Thanks

+Quote Post
FunkyBeat
post May 8 2009, 06:49 AM
Post #6

Elder

Member No.: 2,625

QUOTE (truscience @ May 7 2009, 08:32 PM) *
I've been just opening the soft synths in a channel in FL Studio. This is alright, but the sounds aren't organized like they are in the open labs shell.

That's the part I don't understand. Maybe your TSE Open Labs Shell is organized differently than my LX-5? I don't know. I also use FL Studio 8 as my main midi music production software.

--------------------
FunkyBeat
Proud owner of a NeKo LX5
My Myspace Page | My Youtube Page

"Please point me to the self-help section."

+Quote Post
Guest_Victor_*
post May 10 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #7

Guests

The Open Labs shell is suppose to be an "ease-mode" for our users. We picked some of the best sounds and put them into an organized format so that anyone can quickly play and listen to some of our sounds. Often times in the past, at music stores, people would come up and would not know how to get our keyboards to play a sound, this resolved that problem.

Now having said that, the shell does not come close to showing all of the sounds in our keyboards, so in something like FL Studio, you will see all of the plug-ins and when you envoke a plug-in, and you will be presented with that plug-ins' user interface, which is different from our shell and may not be as organized.

BUT...in the next version of RIFF, we have a universal preset display that will show the presets in a more uniformed and organized way, that will work for most plug-ins. However, we can't do anything about FL Studio as we did not write that application. On the other hand, since our R&D guys are pretty smart, they are going to provide rewire support for RIFF, so you can rewire RIFF into FL Studio and then use our more organized preset interface for accessing your preset sounds.

+Quote Post
spalding12
post May 11 2009, 03:14 AM
Post #8

Elder

Member No.: 2,693

Victor,
when is that next version of RIFF going to be available to us?

--------------------
Warm Regards... Greg

Live life like you mean it... but, take your family and friends along for the ride.

+Quote Post
Guest_Ed Rhone_*
post May 12 2009, 10:22 AM
Post #9

Guests

QUOTE (spalding12 @ May 11 2009, 03:14 AM) *
Victor,
when is that next version of RIFF going to be available to us?

Mid June.

+Quote Post
saintjoe
post May 15 2009, 02:46 PM
Post #10

Elder

Member No.: 2,719

QUOTE (Victor @ May 10 2009, 07:54 PM) *
The Open Labs shell is suppose to be an "ease-mode" for our users. We picked some of the best sounds and put them into an organized format so that anyone can quickly play and listen to some of our sounds. Often times in the past, at music stores, people would come up and would not know how to get our keyboards to play a sound, this resolved that problem.

Now having said that, the shell does not come close to showing all of the sounds in our keyboards, so in something like FL Studio, you will see all of the plug-ins and when you envoke a plug-in, and you will be presented with that plug-ins' user interface, which is different from our shell and may not be as organized.

BUT...in the next version of RIFF, we have a universal preset display that will show the presets in a more uniformed and organized way, that will work for most plug-ins. However, we can't do anything about FL Studio as we did not write that application. On the other hand, since our R&D guys are pretty smart, they are going to provide rewire support for RIFF, so you can rewire RIFF into FL Studio and then use our more organized preset interface for accessing your preset sounds.

that new riff sounds good.

how will the presets be organized?

will it be by type/keyword?

like bass/analog/fat or something?

sorry, I don't have mines yet so I don't know how riff works.

--------------------
FREE Wav Samples - original, royalty-free samples. Get some

SoundsAndGear.com - Music production news, music production tips, beat making videos, and music gear reviews

+Quote Post
pushakey
post May 15 2009, 02:47 PM
Post #11

Beat Maker

Member No.: 2,471

hhhmmmmmm...interesting

--------------------
Beats Working

+Quote Post
snd
post Apr 21 2010, 01:36 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 4,223

I am having troubles with my miko transport, from rumor it says that fl studio doesnt understand cc and only understand mmc and i am scared to adjust it in mfusion. i want to use the tranport buttons to control nuendo, fl studio, and reason but i am having trouble finding resources even after i called tech support with no resolution?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Bridged By IpbWiki: Integration Of Invision Power Board and MediaWiki © GlobalSoft